Currently, Second Harvest Community Food Bank is continuing to distribute product to our 50+ Partner Agencies and providing our services/programs to those in need, i.e. Fresh Mobile Pantry and Backpack Buddies. We are continuing to monitor the ongoing pandemic and are adjusting our practice as needed to ensure the safety and well being of those we serve, our volunteers and our staff. If you have any questions about our ongoing processes please contact us at 816.364.3663 or email us at email@example.com.
For information regarding COVID-19 vaccines, please click the header above.
Who needs help?
- Seniors, who are especially vulnerable to the Coronavirus.
- Children in low-income households who lost access to school meal programs when schools closed.
- Workers employed in the hospitality, tourist, service industries, and others who may face financial difficulty as consumer activity slows.
- Low-income families who cannot afford to stock up on supplies.
- 1 in 7 people facing hunger in Second Harvest service area that is affected by food insecurity.
Second Harvest is continuing daily operations a normal as possible. All Fresh Mobile Pantries are going to be held until further notice. You can access all the dates and locations on our online calendar, click the header above for more access. Second Harvest is also going to be providing free lunches to the youth in 5 separate locations, up to 18 years of age.
There are multiple ways that individuals can assist our organization. Second Harvest is able to provide 3 meals for every $1 donated, and with the current pandemic, monetary donation can make all the difference! Click the header above to donate today!! You can also assist by volunteering, to you can register through our website or contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Andrew Foster at 816.364.3663 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The majority of our Partner Agencies are still open to the public. Click on the header above to access the list of our partner agencies to find out if your local Partner Agency is open.
In alignment with our regular food safety protocols and policies, public health professionals from the CDC recommend the following steps:
(Click header for CDC information)
Clean your hands often
-Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact
Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
Stay home if you’re sick
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care. Learn what to do if you are sick.
Cover coughs and sneezes
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Wear a face-mask if you are sick
- If you are leaving your home, your should make sure to wear a mask/face covering. This will assist in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
Clean and disinfect
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, counter tops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them: Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
What should I look for health information?
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Missouri Department of Public Health
- Kansas Department of Public Health
I still have questions. Can I talk with someone?
Sure! For any questions not answered here, please call 816.364.3663 or email us at email@example.com.