In the fight against hunger, food donors are an important partner for Second Harvest, providing the majority of the food that we distribute through our network of local partners. At Second Harvest, we receive donations of surplus food that is then distributed through our local Partner Agencies, in addition to direct service programs.
Whether you are an individual, manufacturer, distributor, grocer, retailer, restaurant, produce market, producer or farmer, your donation is welcome. For more information, please contact us at (816) 364.3663.
We count on your donations! After you have checked that all items are good to go, they can be dropped off at our warehouse door on the West side of the building, or you can contact us to arrange large pick-ups. We also have donation bins at:
- Brother's Market - 402 E. Price, Savannah, MO
- Brother's Market - 1004 5th Avenue, St. Joseph, MO
- Cosentino's Price Chopper - 2219 N. Belt Highway, St. Joseph, MO
- Genesis Health Club - 3107 N. Belt Highway, St. Joseph, MO
- Green Hills - 7014 King Hill Avenue, St. Joseph, MO
- Price Chopper - 2107 S. Fourth St., Leavenworth, KS
- Ray's Green Hills - 3225 N. Belt Highway, St. Joseph, MO
After being donated, these will be sorted and sent directly to our communities.
It’s tax-deductible. You will receive monthly donation receipts, and you are able to write off up to twice the cost of your donated product.
Every donation has an impact.
Second Harvest and our Partner Agencies rely on your donations, which are protected under the Good Samaritan Act.